WHY JOIN UGNL
We are the most experienced seismic acquisition contractor in Nigeria with a history of training and nurturing the development of staff. Each person is encouraged to achieve their full potential and further themselves within the company. We do this by continuing to invest in the latest technology and training, exposing staff to the latest developments within our industry.
Staff gain much of their required competence via on the job training, while general training and enlightenment is provided via a range of activities including training programs, cross-sectional collaboration/auditing, secondments and job rotations.
At United Geophysical, our overriding priority is to build and sustain a work environment that encourages and motivates our staff, equipping them with the right skills and opportunities to develop. In doing so, we aim to build a world class seismic company.
We are always looking to employ the right candidate in all disciplines, especially those with experience and highly motivated graduate trainees. Please feel free to submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
However, we do have an immediate requirement for the vacancies listed below. All interested parties should apply to join the UGNL team now via the apply buttons below and submitting your CV and cover letter.
Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class University Degree in Surveying.
Key Requirements includes;
- Candidate must be able to operate a variety of software’s for processing and navigation which includes Hypack, Hydro-pro, Triggerfish, Orca, Gator or Dolphin
- Ability to optimized offshore operationally efficiency.
- Candidate must understand technical responsibilities and field demands as a marine navigator
- Candidate must also understand technical demands of other associated departments.
- Candidates must be computer literate and have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualified Marine HSE Manager
- Applicants must possess a minimum of second class University Degree and or its equivalent in Industrial Safety.
- Applicants must have recognized safety certifications (NEBOSH/OSHAS and other relevant certifications).
Responsibilities not limited to:
- Directs the resources and activities of the Department to support the HSE programs by providing advice and guidance to the Senior Management team. Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the Department to create a culture that prioritizes effective HSE and balances overall associated costs.
- Review internal HSE policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate; conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new policies and practices from these assessments for implementation.
- Control, regulate and enforce all rules and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with legal and other regulatory requirements, including relevant international conventions.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the various Government institutions and other Agencies.
- Serve as an expert within the field of HSE when called upon to address regulatory agency compliance issues and third party safety & liability issues.
- Responsible for the staffing and directing the HSE Department, including the management of all Field Safety Managers and staff Training, planning, assigning and directing work and addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Responsible for the development of an annual budget recommendations and implementation.
- Provide regular written reports and updates to the Senior Management Team and to the General Manager.
- Assist project team in investigating all incidents and ensure proper records are completed and submitted. Implement corrective actions as it relates to the incidents and ensure “lessons learned” are communicated throughout the Organization and are incorporated into the program, as necessary.
- Devise, supervise, and coordinate training programs to staff and all stakeholders which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote HSE consciousness.
- Organize and actively participate in safety meetings across Company locations to review HSE performance and policies
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technical and professional aspects of this position
Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class University Degree or a HND in accounting major with a minimum of 2 years working experience.
- Complying with the company, state, and country’s accounting and financial regulations.
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting financial data.
- Creating financial reports like profit and loss statements and balance sheets, etc.
- Maintaining accurate financial reports.
- Performing audits and solving errors.
- Computing taxes and pensions.
- Being updated about changes related to finance and accounting.
- Strong communication, analytical, and computer skills.
- Ethical behaviour`.
United Geophysical (Nigeria) Limited is seeking to engage an experienced security manager with a navel background for coastal marine operations in Nigeria.
Key requirements Includes:
- All applicants must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a security Manager.
- Applicants with a Military or Police background not below the rank of an Inspector or Lieutenant would be a distinct advantage.
- A Good working of knowledge of seismic operations will be an added advantage
- An excellent understanding of community affairs within the Niger Delta and especially coastal communities.
- Implementing company’s security policies and conducting security evaluations.
- Managing security staff members and liaising with third parties.
Applicants must possess a minimum of second - class University Degree in Computer Science or another closely related field.
Key requirements Includes:
- Maintaining computer networks including mainframes, VPNs, routers, installing radio, internet instrument and other physical hardware
- Installing and configuring network equipment
- Creating firewalls and updating virus protection software and data security systems to keep data and communications protected
- Monitoring computer systems to improve network performance for all systems
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and communicating networking issues to other employees and management
- Implementing disaster recovery procedures
- Maintaining current knowledge and understanding of security and networking best practices to offer the best solutions and protection to company systems